By Karen McBride
Published by Dunndeal Publications
In August, 2015, the Gazette published an article on The Well, a women’s Bible study and training ministry. Susie Walther, president and founder, began the ministry to share her love of Jesus, His Word, and women. The training ministry is for women of all ages and denominations and has helped women grow in their personal walk with God.
The Well Bible Study Ministry offers Bible studies throughout the year. There are four Well “days” – Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning and Thursday evening. Each Well day includes three main parts – large group, prayer groups and Bible studies. The Spring session begins February 2-4, 2016 and women can choose from 9 powerful studies:
• Good & Evil, by Douglas Connelly – Trusting God while living in a world of good and evil.
• Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, by Joanna Weaver – Spending time with Jesus in the midst of your hectic Mary/Martha lives.
• Be Mature, Growing Up in Christ, by Warren W. Wiersbe – How to put the Word of God into action in your everyday life.
• Parenting – Loving Our Children with God’s Love, by Richard Patterson, Jr. – How to set an example of God’s love, train your children in God’s ways, deal with a “lost” child, and create a spiritual legacy for your children.
• Protecting Your Family: Stand Strong Against Today’s Challenges, by Charles F. Stanley – Recognizing the threats to your family, cultivating a godly home, and so much more.
• Becoming a Woman of Purpose, by Cynthia Heald – We were created by God in His image, and true fulfillment is found in pursuing His purposes for us.
• Surrender the Heart God Controls, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss – This study will help you understand the pathway of full surrender that will transform your perspective and lead you to spiritual victory.
• Victory Over the Darkness, by Neil T. Anderson – When you realize the power and freedom of your true identity in Christ, you can shed the burdens of your past and stand against evil influences.
• Wired That Way, by Marita Littauer – A look at the four basic temperaments that will help you maximize your strengths and appreciate the uniqueness of others.
There is no charge for attending the Bible studies, other than the cost of purchasing the books pertaining to a particular study. However, The Well is a donation supported ministry, and the expectation is that women who are benefitting from the ministry would contribute financially, if possible. Childwatch is available during all of the bible studies (donation supported).
The Well is located at First Baptist Church of Lutz, at 18116 N US Highway 41
Lutz, FL 33549. The Well is not part of First Baptist Church of Lutz, but the church serves as their host campus. For more information, go to http://thewellbiblestudy.org/